Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My day in pictures

Today I had to go to Cazadero to appraise a house. Unfortunately, the house was nowhere to be found. The good news is that I didn't have an appointment, and my job only consists of viewing the house and taking notes on what I see, as well as taking a picture of the house. So I didn't waste anyone's time but mine. Unfortunately, my time was wasted, as was $20 in gas, and money is tight right now. I'll be back out there today. But today turned out to be such a beautiful day. One of the comparable houses I had to look at was on this mountain, and once I reached the top, I was in awe. Here is my day in pictures....





A good blogger knows, it's all about the story. These cows did not seem to thrilled to have me on their mountain. I got out of my safe van onto the extremely windy mountain to get a closer shot of these cows that owned the mountain. Every time I looked away, they started getting closer to me. But as soon as I turned in their direction, they stopped. Kind of eery.... I didn't stay long out there, just in case these were "mad cows"...


This is God's country. Those are the words that kept running through my mind as I saw the incredible views. The road was real narrow, and one look down showed just how far up I was. I felt like I was higher than the birds....




More of God's country....






"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God...."
"Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."
"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."
Psalm 42:1, 7, 11


Guerneville and all the surrounding areas were hit hard by the storms this year, and flooded worse than it has in years. Many people lost many belongings, and some lost their homes. When I visit this area, there is mud everywhere, and the area has a damp, sad feel to it. But when I came off the mountain, the river seemed so calm and peaceful, as if it hadn't caused so much destruction. It was beautiful.


And then, once in Santa Rosa again and picking up my son at his preschool we came upon this magnificent rainbow. The whole day had been a mixture of hard rain and beautiful blue skies, and this was the perfect end....




"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I can understand the frustration with the loss of $20 in gas and being on a budget, however, the scenary is priceless. The pictures are breath taking. God is awesome!

jimmy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Especially the waterfall pics!