Monday, January 23, 2006

Here I am, naked before you

There comes a time when every person must question what it is they are seeking comfort from. Am I using those things around me to offer me the happiness I so crave, to the point of being let down every time when they inevitably fail? Am I falling back on past mistakes to make up for the longing I feel inside me? Am I coming up with excuse after excuse as to why I consistenly fail, even though I know there's no excuse at all? Yes. But who is there for me faithfully, every time I need to be held? Who gives His love unconditionally, and loves me as I am? Who gave me my tears and allows me to use them when necessary? Who knows me better than I know myself? Who is willing to be so intimate with me that He is in me and I am in Him? And who do I constantly push away when my life is less than desireable, and I am ashamed, and I fear of letting go of all the worldly things that keep me comfortable for the moment, and just finding comfort in Him? Who is offering me the kind of love I crave, if only I'd receive it?

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life,
neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future,
nor any powers, neither height nor depth,
nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of God
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39


It's time for some changes to be made.... Am I afraid I will still fail? Yes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. It's exciting for me to see God pursue you and to see you respond to him. Don't ever think that it's too late to respond or you've messed up too many times. Grace does not ever wear out. I'm so glad to be on this adventure with you. You know my number. Call any time. Love, your sponsor!

Sarah said...

Yes I do check your blog every day. I can relate to where you are and where you have been, and I thank you for keeping me focused on the Lord on the days when my strength is weak and I need His strength to pick me up and carry me through

I John 5:13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

I find myself constantly falling short of the Grace of God. Then I turn my eyes to Him, He picks me up, and loves ME. How awesome!