Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Praise for Work

Yes. You read correctly. Praise God for work. And not just any work. Praise God for MY job.

My job consists of researching property history, taking pictures of houses while driving all over Sonoma County and beyond (which means cranking up the stereo and enjoying the scenery), being invited into the most beautiful homes you could imagine, and comfortably typing up reports from the comfort of my own home. Most days I am typing up at my kitchen table. Beautiful days like today, I type up outside on the patio furniture, wearing nothing but my swimsuit as I "multi-task": type up and work on my tan. My arms are looking nice and brown. My back, well, it's a little lobsterish right now. But not having to sit in a windowless cubicle with the air conditioning as my only source of air? Priceless.

But besides that, I am fortunate to have a job right now. It doesn't pay well at the moment. I am broke more often than not. But I have a promising future ahead of me. And there are so many people out there who do not have jobs, and not for lack of seeking one out.

So, thank you God for giving me a good job, one I enjoy and one that will give me the future I am planning for.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Your job sounds like a dream! Praiseworthy indeed!

Gigi said...

OK...I see your point....Praising Him for our jobs....THANKS for the reminder!