Monday, June 19, 2006

Praise for Motherhood

To go with Danielle in her 40 Days of Praise, this will be the beginning of my Praise Blog for the next 40 days (give or take a few due to absence from the computer....). I have so much to be thankful for, this should be no problem at all!


(I know this is a repeat picture, at least I believe it is.
But the look on their faces is radiating such joy,
I couldn't find one more perfect)


Today, I praise God that I am a mother. There are so many women out there who are unable to have children, and I thank God all the time that he blessed me with fertility. I have always known I've wanted to be a mom. And God blessed me with the patience, the learned lessons, all the tools I need to raise these children up right. And He gave me such wonderful children, at that.

Lucas, while his energy can drive me bonkers at times, has this drive that I can only marvel at. He is good at every sport he attempts, he's super fast, he's not much for lying around, as he's always on the go. But even in all that, he always takes time to stop and give me a big hug, for no reason at all. Then he's off again. He's very easy going, and generally a happy child, and ever so loving. He has a soft spot for younger children, and even as rough as he can play, he is aware of those younger than him and makes sure to be gentler around them.

Summer, my oldest, is going to be a great mother herself one day. While she can be bossy with Lucas, I see her genuinely watching out for him. She is very protective of him and makes sure he is safe at all times. Sometimes I have to remind her that she can be 8 years old, not 28! And Summer is so smart! She reads so well, novels and everything. She enjoys learning, and school comes easy for her. I used to feel guilty that I didn't get so hands on with her school work, she always seemed to finish her homework before she even got home from school. I hardly ever practiced spelling words with her, or made sure her reading log was filled out correctly. But she'd come home with A's on her spelling, and her reading log was always turned in correctly. The girl has a good head on her shoulders. I praise God for her genuine goodness, that even after all she's been through, she is such a good girl who aims to do her best. I admire the strength I see in her, the wisdom she possesses beyond her years. She's capable of so much that I have to remind myself that she is still just 8 years old.

And lastly, I praise and thank God for any future children I will have in my life, stepchildren and children that my future husband and I will create together.

Thank you God for my wonderful children, for this blessed gift of motherhood. Of anything I could be in my life, being a mother is what I wanted most, and am most proud of. And I praise you for this.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

And Praise God that He is faithful to His word and promises. God IS good.