Friday, June 30, 2006

Praise for camp, and more



I will be gone at camp from Saturday to Saturday, July 1st through July 8th. This year I am the adult advisor, as the teen staff chose me to be their leader this year. I am so honored about this, since I have been going to this camp since I was a young teenager myself. Now I'm on the grown up side, and it's still loads of fun.

Needless to say, I will not be blogging this next week. I will try to catch up on praises when I get back, but I might not. Hey, just being truthful!

But today I have several praises to help out.

First off, I praise God for camp, as I'm really excited. It's going to be loads of fun for a whole week. No work, no traffic, nothing but good fun in the sun while pretending to be in charge of the kids. :-) It's basically a week long vacation for us adults!

Second, I praise God for electricity. We had ours turned off (a scheduled power outage due to work on the lines) from 9 am to 3 pm. At first, I was thrilled, since this meant that today I didn't work. I had crammed yesterday, making sure my report was out on time so I could take today off. And I looked forward to all the plans I made today for goofing off. Unfortunately, we are on well water, and our pump went out too. No flushing toilets, no water to brush our teeth, I couldn't even shower.

Third, I praise God for running water. See above.

Fourth, I praise God for my paycheck, as I got new clothes today. Yeah, I know, a little bit of a materialistic praise. But my wardrobe has been lacking, and I really needed more shorts and stuff. Let's just say, I'm going to have a really CUTE camp week!

Fifth, and final, I praise God for all the help I am receiving this week with Lucas, my son. I'm always nervous around this time because I have to leave Lucas behind. It's nervewracking knowing that I'm not the one making sure that Lucas' schedule is being handled. But thanks to my dad, my sister, and my boyfriend, Lucas will be very well taken care of, and will have loads of fun this week. I am so very greatful for all of them! But I will miss him tons.

Ok, I'm good up to Tuesday on my praises. Write y'all when I get back!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

This is a great post, Crissi. Lots of praises goin' on in here. It's like, you start praising and then you see there is so much to praise God for!

I love the power outtage praise. I can relate!
And the new clothes praise is cool too. You're a single mom...treat yourself!! : )