Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Turning anger to peace

Come, my children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
Whoever of you loves life
and desires to see many good days,
keep your tongue from evil
and your lips from speaking lies.
Turn from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it.
The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous
and his ears are attentive to their cry

Psalm 34:11-15


There are times, like right at this very moment, when something happens and I just burn with anger. And I want to fight. And the most frustrating thing is, I know the Lord wants me to bite my tongue. I am also reminded that when this one person tries to stir up the good thing going, I know it is out of jealousy and insecurity. And there are times I want to use everything I have to fight back, but I hear the Lord speaking more and more clearly to me.

Crissi, let me be your peace. Rest in me. I will keep you safe. Her words don't matter. They don't strike you down. She is not your enemy, she just doesn't know. Just rest in me, don't say a word.

And humbly, I obey. And after awhile, I know the frustration will subside and once again I will be at peace. I don't need to prove my point by stooping to her level, or even prove it at all.

I feel better already.

Lord, thank You for Your faithfulness, Your goodness, the safety I have in Your arms. Thank You for giving me a heart that hears You, and a soul that feels You. I am forever Your child. Amen.

No comments: