Monday, October 17, 2005

Peace in trying times

Forgiveness. This is the hardest thing. Oh, and compassion, too, even when you don't particularly like the big Ex you're supposed to show compassion to.

But the LORD said to me, "Tell them, 'Do not go up and fight, because I will not be with you. You will be defeated by your enemies.' " Deuteronomy 1:42

How fortunate that I have the Lord who calms my anger and keeps me silent in times that I need to be. I used to be consumed by rage, and it only caused me distress and never satisfaction. But this week I had peace in a very trying time, and I know that I am right with the Lord. How unfortunate for my constant enemy who does not know that peace, and how much easier for all of us if he only submitted to what he knows is right in his heart.

Lord, thank you for your mercy and compassion you show me, giving me a model to follow. Please continue to mold my servant heart, allow me to let my thoughts match my actions.
Amen

No comments: