Saturday, February 05, 2005

Nerves

I'm really nervous today. Today is the kid handoff. I don't understand why I'm nervous. I really don't think my ex would physically do anything. But my counselor says the likliest reason for my anxiety is that his anger brings up feelings and flashbacks of the past. In that aspect, I am still his prisoner.

Today is also the kids' party. Is it weird that I am nervous about that? LOL! I have everything almost all set up.... It's that last minute thing, you know?

Last night was really powerful. I appreciate all the prayers over me. I need it. And I am also praying. I am hoping that in a year or less, this will all be a distant memory, and I will be well on my way in my life and path. Thank you for all of your powerful prayers!

*Lord, you are showing your power every day. You have brought me out of my shell andinto the lives of wonderful people. And you have brought them into mine. I praise you, and am at your mercy. Please protect my heart as I meet with my ex tonight, and protect my children as they are away from me. I know that they are not in danger, but while they are not in my care, I ask that your angels stand guard against anything that could harm their bodies, souls, and minds.
Please help me in my struggles to come. Help me to know this is the right choice I am making.
And please bless the kids' birthday party they are having today. Help me to make it a fun time for everyone.
Amen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl... I hope the party went well today.

I love your new Blog! Thanks for letting me know about it.

Love ya!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Why is he angry, what have you done? Sorry about this question, but if your going to post..... Seems to me that your a prisoner of your own fear. See, your a child in faith because you dont have faith enough to know that God is watching over you. When you get there, you will not have fear.

Just a girl.... said...

We all worry. Yes, there are times when I don't trust in the Lord enough to not worry. That is why I chose this name, Child In Faith. I'm starting all over in my faith and learning how to be a disciple through and through. This takes learning, some failures, and more learning. But having been through an abusive marriage, and now dealing with the aftermath, it is hard to not be scared and worry.
I'm not sure if I will make it to the place where I will not worry ever, and be able to place everything at the Lord's feet, but I'm trying to get there.

Anonymous said...

Hey Crissi!
How'd the birthday party go? And the hand off too?

I pray for you every time I think of you.