Saturday, December 31, 2005

My Vision, My Reality

Last night at Gina's house, we talked about Vision. And I loved how it tied in with the end of the year, as we got ready to start a new year, and essentially start over parts of ourselves that we might feel lacking.

Looking back, there has been so much change that has taken place in me. I look at my earliest entries to my entries now, and I see a whole morphing that took place. And I like it. I was so lost at the beginning of 2005. I hated myself, and I hurt. I felt like a shell of a person. Fast forwarding to today, I feel strong, (mostly) sure of myself, and I definitely like me. I'm less worried about how I might offend others (though it still has more of a hold on me than I'd like). I more apt to speak my mind than ever before, and by next year I'm sure all of you won't be able to shut me up!

My Vision for 2006 and beyond? Well let's not mention the 20 or so pounds I'll be losing.... But deeper than that, I strive to be a fearless Christian, not only in the world, but inside of Christianity too. I want to make a difference. I want to get my hands dirty and be a part of the driving force that makes people say, "I want some of that!" I want to inspire, and be inspired. Real people are Christians, we are not all perfect, but we can love the Lord as fiercely as anyone!!!

I want to hear the Lord. I want to devote a portion of every day to just listening to the Lord. I want to be better about my devotions, better about delving into His word. I want to hear loud and clear the plans He has for me, and what He wants me to do about it. I want to help those in need and share His word. I want to share the love that is rained upon me every moment of the day.

I want to take risks. I want to stop using words such as "can't" and "shouldn't" and "impossible" when it comes to the Lord calling me to certain missions. I want to go beyond my comfort zone and expand my soul.

I want to develop sisterhoods with some certain fabulous women in my life. I want the three of us, and more, to create an impact so big that it won't be easily forgotten. And this is a possibility!!!

God bless everyone into 2006 and beyond!

2 comments:

UGO4GOD said...

LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm ready, lets do it.