Friday, October 06, 2006

Luna



The moon
lights up my world
like the daytime
and
bathes the pasture
     with its
          glow.
I can hear
wood chimes
     in the moon,
reminding me of
a place
     not
          so
               far
                    away.
The moon pulls
at me,
beckoning me
with her
     moon beams.
And I find myself
at an empty creek,
the gurgling
     nothing
          but a ghost.
But the earth
                         grounds me.
The moon
                         surrounds me.
And the
     call of the night
          envelops me
until I am
     fully
          in
               it.
With my face
to the sky,
I soak in the
moon beams,
and bathe in the
     glory
          of the night.

2 comments:

gracie said...

Wonderful! Reading this pulled me in too...

Danielle said...

I soak in the moonbeams...

love this.